Trends come and go but one that is sure to stay is the use of tile. Transform a room’s “vibe” by incorporating simple hues in intricate patterns, or go the bold route and use a dramatic color in a simple pattern.
Artistic Tile has a beautiful white gloss circular mosaic in glass
Shift the mood by creating a “backsplash” to your fireplace like this photo, using navy blue FireClay tile
• There are few things in life that are as certain as taxes, especially when it comes to buying, selling and owning real estate. Property taxes have a timeline that is different than most other taxes or bills that we pay.
• Taxes become payable in October
• Taxes are due November 15 and may be paid in thirds
• If paying in installments, the final installment is due May 15
• July 1 is the beginning of the new fiscal year
Just 2.3 months' worth of residential properties are for sale in the Portland area at normal rates of turnover, according to December figures from the Regional Multiple Listings Service. That's lower than at any time over at least the last eight years.
Decembers tend to be slow months in the real estate business, anyway. But new listings and pending sales in the metro area declined last month, while the number of completed sales rose to 2,239, according to RMLS. Taken together, the trends mean an already tight inventory was squeezed even more.
In a report issued to members Wednesday, the listings service said the average sale price for houses in the metro area last month was $331,600, while the median was $290,000. Other services, such as Zillow and Trulia, report median prices ranging from $305,000 to about $320,000.
In December 2013, according to RMLS, the median sale price was $267,300 and properties stayed on the market an average of 87 days.
Houses remain on the market in the metro area about 76 days on average, RMLS said.
— Mike Francis, The Oregonian