– By Samantha Bakall, The Oregonian
Although the list is in alphabetical order and categorized into regions, it's a telling sign that the first three bars on Draft Magazine's 100 Best Beer Bars in America are all in Portland.
Perhaps slightly more surprising is that Portland beat out every other city for the highest number of bars on the list with six places to sip suds — 20 percent of the entire West category picks.
Draft Magazine included:
- APEX, 1216 S.E. Division St.
- Bailey's TapRoom, 213 S.W. Broadway
- Bazi Bierbrasserie, 1522 S.E. 32nd Ave.
- Belmont Station, 4500 S.E. Stark St.
- Imperial Bottle Shop & Taproom, 3090 S.E. Division St.
- Saraveza Bottle Shop & Pasty Tavern, 1004 N. Killingsworth St.
For housekeeping purposes, the list doesn't include any breweries or brewpubs.
What's your take on the list? Any that you would switch out, add or remove? I'll meet you in the comments.